Thursday, October 26, 2017

no place like home

They're gone now. Yesterday I tired to get close to the pelicans resting on the local lake (actually a reservoir).The fact that pelicans stop in Loveland, Colorado on their way to wherever it is they are going, astounds me. I couldn't get as close as I wanted but I did see them.
I went home and reveled in the beauty of my front yard tree.
And resolved to go back today. To get a better photograph. But the snow had come and the pelicans were gone.

Disappointed, I returned home. As I began to walk from my garage to my back door, I hear a riot of birdsong. There were birds in the trees, in the bushes, at the bird-feeders. And the squirrels of course.


And there on the trunk of my back yard tree, an exquisite little bird posing for my camera.

So. Dorothy was right. There's no place like home.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, Mim. A beautiful way to start the day is reading your prose. Thank you. The photos are wonderful as well. It looks to me like a chickadee in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home is a pretty dern good place to be if/when you can't see the pelicans close up! Thanks for the walk back home.

    ReplyDelete