Thursday, March 15, 2012

On the Precipice

March is a strange month.


Today the temperature may reach close to 80. Tulip and iris leaves pierce the soil. Early crocuses explode yellow. I’ve even seen a daffodil blooming.


But it is March in Colorado, a time when the weather teeters on the precipice of a new season -- all too vulnerable to plummeting back into frigidness.


I will walk in the sunshine, absorbing the warmth and Vitamin D – enjoying what may only be temporary, for as long as it lasts.


But I am a realist.


All winter, the footwear sitting by my front door has included one pair of snow boots, one pair of sneakers, and one pair of black shoes to wear with slacks (when I dress up).


All of these will stay. I’m just adding one pair of sandals.


[I’ll put the boots away next month.]

No comments:

Post a Comment