Saturday, October 29, 2016

a taste from my childhood

Within Yosemite National Park there is a grand old hotel, now called the Majestic... and rightly so.
You enter walking on a red carpet.
The lobby is vast and elegant.
As is the dining room.
I managed to get there for lunch.
My excellent chicken sandwich was just an excuse ... a prelude to the dessert I had spotted 
on the menu: boysenberry pie.
I hadn't had boysenberry anything since I was a very little girl 
when my family took me to Knotts Berry Farm.
Sometimes things you remember from your childhood
disappoint
when you are an adult.

This did not.
It was as good as I remembered.
So good, I took a photo before it was entirely gone.
I intend to show it to my brother.
Sharing a memory
a taste from our childhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment