Saturday, January 19, 2013

Time Out with Benefits

We live 1,000 miles apart so time together is rare. But at the very beginning of 2013, my son came to visit and stayed nearly 10 days!


For 10 days, we did just what we felt like doing and talked about whatever we wanted to talk about.

His practice of morning yoga (and running) before shower/breakfast has encouraged me to do morning yoga (without running) before shower/breakfast.

We saw three movies! We went out to dinner sometimes and lunch sometimes. He fixed me a breakfast omelet so spicy I won't have sinus problems for months. And, bless him, he took down my Christmas tree and helped me dis-assemble Christmas. We went to a great exhibit at the Denver Art Museum and had some quality time with my nephew and his family (together and alone) and with my brother/his uncle.

For 10 days I took time out from all the things I am supposed to be doing ... and I still haven't caught up. But, wow! what a great pleasure it was to have him here -- to have time to just enjoy each other.

What a great way to start a New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment