Saturday, July 10, 2010

A PRAYER FOR THE GULF OF MEXICO

Tomorrow, July 11, will be a new moon -- a time many believe most propitious for starting new projects or redirecting energies. Yesterday I received, by email, a prayer written by Dr. Masaru Emoto, the Japanese scientist who has demonstrated the effect of emotions on water molecules. It has been suggested that sometime on Sunday, all of us who care about the Gulf of Mexico and the future of our planet stand, sit or kneel and repeat the following: GULF PRAYER

"I send the energy of love and gratitude to the water and all the living
creatures in the Gulf of Mexico and its surroundings.
To the whales, dolphins, pelicans, fish, shellfish, plankton, coral, algae,
and all living creatures . . . I am sorry.
Please forgive me.
Thank you.
I love you. "   Dr. Masaru Emoto

One of the things I like about this prayer is that it acknowledges our complicity. We are all guilty, if not of the Gulf disaster then certainly our own carelessness with the resources we can control.

I too am sorry and ask forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment